Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Poem - Dvarka


Dear reader,
I have been reading quite a bit about the last days of Krsna's mythical city Dvarka which was submerged under the sea. Every blog and article I've read about the magical city made me wonder what it would've been like when Arjuna, Krsna's closest friend, associate and ally in the Mahabharata, went to Dvarka to bring back as many people as he could to Hastinapura after Krsna's death. So I thought of penning this piece as a way to try and imagine what emotions he must have gone through while such a reportedly marvelous piece of architecture was merciless taken away by what sounds like an extremely violent and giant version of the Tsunami.
I do hope you find the piece engaging.

Cheers,


Please click on the image below for the larger version or access it directly by clicking here.




You might also like these posts in the Mythology section
The Rama ~ Krsna Timeline
Looking for the real Hanuman
In search of Mayasura

7 reflections:

Sunil Charan said...

Brilliantly expressed!! Loved it..Keep sharing your works! Cheers..

ShaK said...

@Sunil - Thanks mate.

SK

girish.v.s. said...

ur mythology posts are coming along nicely. please keep writing more. i think you used the same style here as you did with that karna poem right?

ShaK said...

@Girish

Thank you. And yes. I used the same approach as the one on Karna earlier. A way to attach a visual to compliment the poem is all. :)

Cheers,

SK

Anonymous said...

This Blog was most helpful, your ideas are straight to the point, and the colors are cool too.

Dilip Sridhar said...

Hi Shashi Krishna,

I have been reading your posts for a really long time. I really loved 'Dvairka'. This is one of the best poems I have read. Your other poem on abortions is too touching. So among your poems I have read Dvarika takes the second place :). Keep going!

A fellow Kannadiga :),
Dilip

Dilip Sridhar said...

Hi Shashi Krishna,

'Dvarika' is simply superb. I have been reading your posts and poems for a long time. Your poem on abortions is extremely touching. Keep going!

Cheers from a fellow Kanndiga,
Dilip

 
;