Monday, March 02, 2009

Just dance

What does a guy called Matt dancing on every random street in the world have to do with humanity, peace and connecting with people? Nothing…perhaps. Or is that really true? I am not sure anymore. It was a chance encounter when I happened to come across this bizarre phenomenon where Matt went around what seems like a hundred nations to do just that – dance with complete strangers in absolutely random places. Why…he even managed to get into the demilitarized zone in Korea! What kind of a dance you ask? Well. Again, you have me at loss of an explanation there since there is no kind really. It is what I would call ‘the dance of humanity’ where people join you because they want to just...well...dance! No steps to learn, no choreography to observe, no rules. Nothing. Just dance like no one is watching. But then you know what? It doesn’t matter since this has to be one of the most amazing wordless video on humanity and what we need today in the world that I have ever come across. I guarantee you that a few seconds will have you smiling or even laughing in joy when you see it.

So here you go. Enjoy ‘Dancing Matt’ as he takes a journey around the world spreading that little tap of his that suddenly seems quite infectious. Go on! Join in!



Also following this video is another clip that shows what and how he managed in his very special project of getting complete strangers to dance with him.

Dancing Matt 2008






The making of 'Dancing Matt 2008'




2 reflections:

Anonymous said...

Wow!what an amazing thing to do...what fun!!
Thanks for the videos.

ShaK said...

@Anonymous

It indeed is! This is why it caught my attention and so I decided to post it here. :) I am glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,

SK

 
;